Thanks to Audrey Goodman’s untiring efforts, the Esra cinema club opened in Netanya on February 19 with the movie Waves of Freedom.
The venue, which is a lovely little auditorium in Netanya seating one hundred people, was almost full. The atmosphere was indeed like a “Grand Opening”, the excitement was palpable and a tight schedule was maintained. A group of twenty Hadassah visitors – who come annually from the United States to volunteer for six weeks in Netanya, attended the movie and were warmly welcomed.
The movie, the story of one of the illegal immigrant ships bringing displaced persons to Palestine after - World War II was exciting, moving and emotional. After the movie the director and two of the men who took part in this amazing project were on stage for a lively and interesting discussion which could have continued for hours. However, as the director had come all the way from Jerusalem, we had to let him go home and the evening ended with the promise of more interesting evenings in store.
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- schneider children's medical center not just any hospital
- children without shadows
- stop driving before it is too late
- encountering israel
- the strawberry woman
- for the love of god and virgins - a review
- fighting cancer with hyperthermia
- ex-volunteers-kibbutz movement wants to hear from you
- watt lights my light