On a recent Sunday evening, a group of 14 people anxiously awaited the arrival of Jill.. She was going to teach us how to protect ourselves in a variety of situations.
Jill started by asking us what we wanted from this course of five meetings of 90 minutes each. As you can imagine, the answers were varied. The ages of the people in the course range from the late 50s to the mid 80s and many of us were worried about going home alone late at night, or taking money out of the ATM.
Jill gave us a few exercises to do and then the fun started when we were shown how to protect ourselves against an assailant. As everyone tried to get to Jill's nose, the laughter didn't stop!
We all thoroughly enjoyed the lessons. There is a lot of laughter, but underlying this, is the realization that we will be better able to protect ourselves as a result of the course, not just physically, but also by giving the appearance of being secure in our bodies.
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- schneider children's medical center not just any hospital
- children without shadows
- stop driving before it is too late
- encountering israel
- the strawberry woman
- for the love of god and virgins - a review
- fighting cancer with hyperthermia
- ex-volunteers-kibbutz movement wants to hear from you
- watt lights my light