Esra is an organization with a rich array of social, cultural and educational activities and services. However, a special place is reserved in the heart of Esra for over thirty community projects which help the troubled and challenged of our society, new immigrants and veteran Israelis alike. Dedicated volunteer coordinators oversee these projects and make sure that we maximize our impact. They receive back-up and support from the projects committee and the Esra office.
We are looking for three volunteer coordinators who are conversant in Hebrew for:
Nativ School Herzliya. The Herzliya Municipality approached us to bring the expertise that we have garnered through other projects to their new afternoon program for troubled children of elementary school age. We have just launched a pilot project at this school.
Afternoon Learning Centers at Ort Guttman Junior High and Ussishkin Elementary Schools, Netanya. The principals of both schools have extolled the success of these programs in reducing the gaps for underprivileged children. We need one coordinator for both projects.
Techushon - Lev Hasharon, a weekly afternoon program for children with special needs.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Befrienders. Do you have a free morning once a week to visit the housebound and lonely? Training will be given. If interested please call Val 054 469 6512 or Judy 09 748 2957.
- Sewing Centers in Netanya. Tel Nina: 09 862 3228
- New Ethiopian Embroidery Groups in Hadera and Petach Tikvah. Contact Phyllis Bloch email@example.com, Tel: 09 767 6926
- English Tutoring in Ganei Tikva and Petah Tikva Tel: Ingrid 09 950 8371
- Kfar Saba’s Food for the Hungry, “Melo Ha Tene”, is in need of drivers for the delivery of food on Sunday afternoons. Contact Phyllis Bloch.
- Working with the Blind: If you have a couple of hours to spare, even on a fortnightly basis, we need your help. Call Aviva: 09 833 1087 (n.s.)
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- schneider children's medical center not just any hospital
- children without shadows
- stop driving before it is too late
- encountering israel
- the strawberry woman
- for the love of god and virgins - a review
- fighting cancer with hyperthermia
- ex-volunteers-kibbutz movement wants to hear from you
- watt lights my light